Discuss Adult retraining, which avenue is the best to set you up to be competent and provide your best chance at gaining employment? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HumbleWorker 91RT

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I’m a rope access technician having worked on and around building sites for the past 7 years. I’ve carried out a wide variety of tasks and are competent on the tools.

I’m wanting to retrain as a spark, from doing some research it seems a c and g course level 2/3 then get work with a firm to fill out the portfolio and then sit AM2 is the way?

Also I’ve tried to understand the DI situation, if I do the above C&G Courses at college. How do I go about certifying work and what extra would I need to do to then do inspection and testing on past installations?

College evening course is the way I’m going to have to do it, also from the opinion that short courses aren’t worth it (please if you’ve done one, would you recommend and how did you find it trying to gain employment afterwards).

Do any of you have spots open for free labour in order to build up some experience?

Any info or opinions welcome as I’m sure this is asked a thousand times etc.
I’m keen and want to make a genuine career change.

Cheers
Robbie

Reply to Adult retraining, which avenue is the best to set you up to be competent and provide your best chance at gaining employment? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock