Discuss Adult trainee Glasgow in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

1williamb

Hi, my name is William I'm new on here & I'm looking for help/advice in finding a company that's looking for an adult trainee. I live just outside glasgow with 5 years experience a full clean drivers licence & IPAF Ticket.I have tried writing to local companies with no success. Would pestering SECTT & the local college's be worth a try. thanks in advance

seen your other post, I will go out of my way to get work for any sparks/trainees/sparks mates I can that are looking for work, especially if I get onto a site local to them.

will keep you updated

You say you've got 5year's experience, does that include any actual quals or isit just been an electricians mate?

Having an IPAF ticket is great, but it's not something that employer's go out their way to look for unfortunatley, still a bonus though and great to have on your CV.

Just keep pestering companys (politley of course) showing willingness and enthusiasm and hopefully someone will give you a break. I'm not sure whether a college would be able to help find you an employer...they're more apprentice based (someone correct me if im wrong)...i would suggest though, if you're unable to get an employer, enroll ureself on the 2357 course - unfortunatley this will probably be at ure own expense. Having this qualification though will be benefitial long run, so in time it'll pay for itself.

I hope you find something in the near future, and sorry i can't be much help - they may be another member, like grantr37 above in ure neck of the woods that could help out.

All the best, Mark.

Reply to Adult trainee Glasgow in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So I have tried applying to every electrician mate/improver jobs there is on every job websites and I got a few calls saying that they want guys...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone New to the forum hope everyone is well ! I'm based in Glasgow And currently looking to change careers, past few years i have...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Good morning everyone, Thanks for having me! I was an apprentice from May 2008- August 2009 gaining my Level 2 certificate in Electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm 20 and have finish college course about 3 months ago. Having completing my C&G 8202-30 Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Electrical...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock