Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Advertising for commercial work only? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jibspark

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Evening all!

I haven't posted for for a while, man this site has got a lot better and more informative!

Anyway, I'm still working for a JIB company doing industrial work and i still want to start working for myself.

I don't want to start faffing with part p etc if i can get away without it, so what I'm thinking is just doing commercial work, my main question is this: do you think i would get much work if i just advertised in the local rag for commercial work? (a couple of calls a week?)

Or should i just advertise normally and just turn down what i don't want?

Believe it or not the thought of doing domestic work is actually a bit daunting! I just don't know the way its normally done, industrial I'm fine with though.

One of the big problems is gonna be selling my MR2 and buying a van! :(

Oh that reminds me! Do you think something Astra van / combo size would do the trick to start out with?

Thank you all for any help / advice on this one!

B

Bane

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think your astra van is going to have a lot more room than your MR2.

Plus, MR2's are sh*t.

If you've done industrial you should be fine with domestic.

I think the 2 are opposites? In regards to:

1) Industrial work needs to be neat and tidy and leave your rubbish strewn about
2) Domestic work can be strewn about but leave the place neat and tidy

*Extract taken from, "The World According To Bane" available at all good bookshops now, £12.99*

J

jibspark

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think your astra van is going to have a lot more room than your MR2.

Plus, MR2's are sh*t.

If you've done industrial you should be fine with domestic.

I think the 2 are opposites? In regards to:

1) Industrial work needs to be neat and tidy and leave your rubbish strewn about
2) Domestic work can be strewn about but leave the place neat and tidy

*Extract taken from, "The World According To Bane" available at all good bookshops now, £12.99*
Cheers mate! :D

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Advertising for commercial work only? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom