Discuss Advice appreciated Radial/Ring Circuits in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mos

I have a customer with a 4 double socket ring main on a 32Amp MCB in thier Snug, R2 and RN are all Good but R1 is open Circuit. The CU has a 100mA RCD on A TNCS (need to change it to a 30mA) the house was refirbished about two years ago and dont think the builder got in a proper Electrician, the Ring main at the sockets are new colours but at the CU they are the old(think there are some JBs hidden in the Stud Wall). The Faulty R1 is on the last Socket on the Return to the CU. If I was to disconnect the return from the last socket and CU and drop the MCB down to a 20Amp to create a radial (the ring is 2.5MM).Can anyone see any problems with this solution? Customer is not overly keen on ripping all the Studding Down.

Reply to Advice appreciated Radial/Ring Circuits in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hello, Last year I had some electrical work completed in my house (New CU, SWA for garage, downlights) I informed the electrician that I will be...
Replies
Views
Hey there, Sorry I’ve just joined up. I’m a qualified electrician/Electrical engineer. Recently sat my 2391-52. My question is I had a fault...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views
Hi Did a call out yesterday afternoon. Isolated a section of the downstairs ring circuit in the new extension that had a L-E fault. Bit...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock