Discuss Advice for 2394 and 2395 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi there.
my name is adam and I have just recently come out of my time and my company is paying for me to do my testing and I want to get a head start and get some revision done before my exam in June. If any one knows any websites that has revision material or any advice that would be great fully appreciated.

Regards

Adam

guidance note 3 has everything you need. You will be highly recommended to buy it if you do the course so may be worth forking out the £20 odd quid now if u want a head start.

2394 deals with Initial Verification - New Installations

2395 deals with Periodic or Existing Installations

Cheers mate thank you for your reply I already have guidance note 3 from my am2. You would say that's the best place to start ? Which of the two exams would you say is the harder one ?

Agreed that GN3 is your best friend but make sure you have a decent grasp of 17th edition as well as they're prone to throwing in some general questions in that direction. Don't go too mad cos you could lose a lifetime burying yourself in 17th edition, but be as up to speed as you can. Do lots of past papers but don't make the mistake of only trying to learn how to pass the exam - if you do that and they set a paper that's some way away from previous years, you're up poo creek. My experience was they're very similar in difficulty. If I'm honest there's a lot of overlap between the two.

Thank you for your advice guys I shall be having a look for past papers and getting use to using the regs thanks for the advice it's much appreciated

While the 2391 and 2392 questions are similar and provide good practice, be aware that (I think) the overall format and mark weighting of the 2394 and 2395 are different. Sorry if I already posted this, something went mammaria verticalia last time around.

you want to spend a couple of years testing unsupervised at work before doing these quals , experience cant be found in any book.........

you want to spend a couple of years testing unsupervised at work before doing these quals , experience cant be found in any book.........

Hi thank you for your reply pal. In a ideal world I would like to do that but I have a voucher from my training provider to spend on further training and I have to use it by June and work are paying so I can't say no lol. I do have some experience testing on my own but obviously not to the standard of a experienced tester but I stand a better chance than someone who has only sat a short course well that's my thinking lol:biggrin5:

Top Tip: drive on the roads unsupervised for a couple of years to gain experience before taking your driving test.

Top Tip: drive on the roads unsupervised for a couple of years to gain experience before taking your driving test.

and there you have it, a perfect example of something everyone can relate to. you learn to drive and pass your driving test. then, over time, you become an experienced (competent) driver.

Reply to Advice for 2394 and 2395 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock