SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Advice for a returning electrician in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Bit background I have my NVQ level 3 and did a years unpaid work for the local council to gain hands on experience .When that ended I didn't really know where to go or what to do .I haven't worked in the industry for 8 yrs now but really want to get back into it. My twins where only babies and one was very poorly when I qualified and now they are older I feel in a better position to be able to return to work so any advice on the best way to do this is appreciated .
Thanks Danielle

Apply for a Sparks mate role, if you have completed your NVQ you must know which end to hold the screwdriver but I imagine you will be quite rusty and not up to date with the changes in regulations after so long out of the line of work.

A couple years with some good, time served sparks will teach you a lot and on site experience makes you a much more promising prospect for future jobs at a higher role :)

SparkyChick

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Good luck Danielle :)

Be nice to have another chick on the forums to help keep the boys in line :D

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to Advice for a returning electrician in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom