Discuss Advice needed on possible spares required in case of breakdown in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I grow my own veg most of which I freeze. For storage I have three appliances, one recently bought Bosch fridge/freezer and two Hotpoint freezers which have been around for years.

The Bosch KGN34NW3AG is still under warranty for another nine months and of the others, the Hotpoint FZ78 has been a good workhorse with no failure during the 20 years or so I’ve had it.

The FZA81G, however, failed 10 months after it was bought new and repaired whilst I was away on holiday. All the contents were spoiled and thrown out. For this appliance the engineer replaced the control panel at the top, not sure though as I wasn’t there to see.

As I have a lot of food in these, I am very worried at the prospect of failure and want to take precautionary measures if possible.

My question is – are they any components which are likely to fail which I can buy and replace in the event of appliance failure.

I am a former electrical and electronics engineer and have no problem carrying out repairs provided the parts are available.

I grow my own veg most of which I freeze. For storage I have three appliances, one recently bought Bosch fridge/freezer and two Hotpoint freezers which have been around for years.

The Bosch KGN34NW3AG is still under warranty for another nine months and of the others, the Hotpoint FZ78 has been a good workhorse with no failure during the 20 years or so I’ve had it.

The FZA81G, however, failed 10 months after it was bought new and repaired whilst I was away on holiday. All the contents were spoiled and thrown out. For this appliance the engineer replaced the control panel at the top, not sure though as I wasn’t there to see.

As I have a lot of food in these, I am very worried at the prospect of failure and want to take precautionary measures if possible.

My question is – are they any components which are likely to fail which I can buy and replace in the event of appliance failure.

I am a former electrical and electronics engineer and have no problem carrying out repairs provided the parts are available.
How big are these freezers? are there any Smart Apps you could use to warn of breakdowns, mind you I know nothing about Apps, so I could be barking up the wrong tree

As above, have you thought of using a temperature or current sensing devises, that can notify you of a malfunction on one of the freezers?
How about not loading the freezers up fully, so if one breaks you can transfer the stuff into the other two, while the buggered one gets fixed?
How big are these freezers?
I don't have a clue as to what components are most likely to fail on a freezer.

Regular cleaning of the condenser cartridge on the back of the freezer will help, as a build up of crud will cause the appliance to try and compensate and work the machine harder, regular defrosting will also help.

This could actually work...
If you are able to detect any malfunctions beforehand then you might avoid any potential breakdowns!

Thanks @James Silva and welcome to the forum mate.
Of course it could actually work.... I'm a genius.. and that's why everyone loves me.. :) :tearsofjoy: I'm not always a muppet.

Hey @Spoon & @Pete999
Can you people help me with some machinery advise?
Actually, I've been looking for good quality dc & servo motors. However, I've always looked for a UK supplier. But, I struggle to get one. I need someone's help!

Post up a new thread and I'm sure someone will be able to help out.
Give as much info as possible and what type of machine the motor is used for.

James Silva now gone for spamming.

Reply to Advice needed on possible spares required in case of breakdown in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net