Discuss Advice on a fish tank light in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Wildchild666

hi all just a quick one to see if anyone can help plus don't know if it's in the right place to posting this

well this is how it is i've just got a 2nd hand 4ft fluval tank and in the hud it's fitted with two tub and two starter and two balist and was linked together with one power supply. so what i have done is put etch light on it own power and switch this is so i can run two different colour tubs and switch between the colours the problem am getting is now when I turn one on it starts up but flashes on and off like its not startting proper
now my question is: will i have to change the starter now they're not running as a pair of light's or is there something else I will have to do
the starter is a 65w x 2
the tub is a GLO aqua 42"/107cm/40w x 2

so any help would be good
many thanks wild

Nothing to change if you have just split the live supply to each set of gear, assuming the setup is as you have described which is a separate set of gear for each tube . Try swapping the good tube and starter for the flashing one as it may be just coincidence that a tube or starter has failed.

i don't eat fish, so i don't think i'm qualified to comment.

@telectrix lol thanks
@wirerpull the tub is old but the starter's or new so I'll try new tub and see if that dose the trick thanks
O forgotten to say when it's flashing and I pull the starter the tub stops flashing and stays on lit

Last edited by a moderator:
trey changing the starter/s.

Reply to Advice on a fish tank light in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net