Discuss Advice on an Introduction Letter to find more work. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

phaseelectrical

Hello every one Im greg.

I have recently turned self-employed and am looking for some advice as to how to write an introduction letter to buisness/companys to try and gain more electrical work?
What things do i need to include in the letter?
Is it best to keep it plain and simply but to the point so that client can then contact you for further details if interested..?
Do i need to include prices of service straight away?
Are there any key points to include to 'win over the contact'?

My background is industrial and commericial, however since i have been self employed i have had very little ind/com work and have been doing domestic. I would like to gain contacts in the ind/com field, and would like to get this introduction letter out to many firms.

If anyone could give me some advice on this it would be greatly appricieated!!!

Greg

Hello Greg, I am happy to provide some pointers, but I'm unsure what size/type of work you are after and the approach would differ based on that. But if you are going for smallish companies some general themes to consider might be: Think about who the letter is addressed to, getting to the right person is critical ( who that person is will depend on the size/type of business); You could open with why they should think about the electrics ( Testing requirements etc, that will get their interest) otherwise describe briefly what you offer in terms of services i.e. testing, rewires, new installs or anything on the "green" front. Explain your experience, particularly commercial/industrial jobs you've done ( that should reassure them). Don't quote prices! Leave them some contact details and don't be afraid to follow up with a phone call. Remember whatever you say in the letter your key objective is to get to speak to or meet them, that is what you need to achieve to get work. Also stress that you are local. Keep the letter brief but full of facts and do some detailed research before you send the letters. Good luck!

Hello arnold, i apprieciate your reply to my post.
I am currently a one man band and am looking for either domestic rewires or part rewires or commercial work really as i can earn more money through these types of jobs. However i do not mind doing smaller jobs as i know you can also earn good money fitting them in around other work.
You say to think about who the letter is addressed to, im finding it hard to get my head round this one beacuse i understand that if i was to just send a letter not address to anyone the chances are they will not look at it. So how do i go about finding the right person to contact within a company??
cheers again.

if it's a small ltd. company, address to the managing director. you can address to him by name ( find this out from companies house) if you think that would be better. for larger companies, might be the contracts manager.

ok great thank you, what do you mean by company house? Would i just ring the company up and ask for the name of your managing director or contracts manager?

Reply to Advice on an Introduction Letter to find more work. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net