Discuss Advice on Registering with ELECSA in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MickyMyBoy

Hi everyone, this is my first posting on this forum. I hope there is someone out there who can advise me please. I am a recently qualified electrician. I am setting up my own business as a sole trader domestic electrician. I do not work for an electrical company. I want to complete my registration with ELECSA. Can anyone tell me how many different jobs they need to inspect as part of the registration process and does any of it need to be notifiable work?

You can notify your inspection job once registered so no need to pay twice, i showed a couple of jobs 1 a board swop, and another a lighting installation at my place.

Thanks for the quick response. My difficulty is this. To do notifiable work when not registered you have to get Building Control involved with their hefty fees which means that getting jobs is difficult because of the additional costs involved - customers are obviously going to choose a spark who is already registered because there are no additional costs involving Building Control - but I need the jobs to show ELECSA for the registration!! Im going round in circles............:annoyed:

1 major job to show `em....such as a rewire and/or C/U change

you need public liability £2,000,000 minimum

OSG and BGB

tea and biscuits

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the quick response. My difficulty is this. To do notifiable work when not registered you have to get Building Control involved with their hefty fees which means that getting jobs is difficult because of the additional costs involved - customers are obviously going to choose a spark who is already registered because there are no additional costs involving Building Control - but I need the jobs to show ELECSA for the registration!! Im going round in circles............:annoyed:
no...do the work for assessment...
then when you have been assessed and have been accepted onto the scheme...just notify the job then...

Really? Well thats great news. Thanks very much. At last Im getting somewhere. I should have joined this forum ages ago! I didnt realise that I could do the notification after registration.:icon4:

Really? Well thats great news. Thanks very much. At last Im getting somewhere. I should have joined this forum ages ago! I didnt realise that I could do the notification after registration.:icon4:
just do the job....show `im the job on assessment
then when its all done with...notify the job you used for assessment through scheme....
that will save you about £180 ish...

Reply to Advice on Registering with ELECSA in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net