Discuss Advice on rewire method in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I have see these in the wholesalers, not had to use them ny self but they look a handy bit of kit .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline...39&hvtargid=pla-421739994949&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

If you are going for one of these don't get the silverline cheapy one. I did and the hole size was not a snug fit for the plug, the rebate being too wide and too deep. I took mine back.

The Armeg sets are spot on but a bit pricey. The newer cutters have a cobalt mix to the cutter for a longer life. Much better fit.
They do two sizes, I went for the larger one to accommodate my fat hands.

If you are going for one of these don't get the silverline cheapy one. I did and the hole size was not a snug fit for the plug, the rebate being too wide and too deep. I took mine back.

The Armeg sets are spot on but a bit pricey. The newer cutters have a cobalt mix to the cutter for a longer life. Much better fit.
They do two sizes, I went for the larger one to accommodate my fat hands.
How much would you say it would cost for a 3 bed property? Never used them, always seemed to priceyin the wholesalers

Last edited:
apart from the damage you'll inevitably do to the flooring, you'll find wet-pants has run his spaghetti tight up to the underside of the floor and it could route anywhere. you'll end up with broken, soggy wet chipboard,and the ceilings below will probably need replacing also. only time i've gone in through that type of floor, I've got the customer to cut it, and take all the responsibility. ended up it cost him another £200 to repair the floor.

Or work harder, save your money and stay away from Barrat Houses.........

Round here it's the new build lego boxes that are the most pricey
How much would you say it would cost for a 3 bed property? Never used them, always seemed to priceyin the wholesalers

Depends if the joists are open or closed. If open I would consider this as a method, if the joists need drilling I would consider other methods. I use this tool usually for small jobs where only a few holes are required.
I think Tel's method of not rewiring is the best one to be perfectly honest. Asking for a possible nightmare.

Another vote for having some of the ceiling down, rather than trying to remove the chipboard (or whatever it is) flooring. The plasterboard will come down easier than trying to get the floor up.

Bet the ceiling is artex anyway. Easier to get your pipework in (plastic as well). Quick patch up, and get the ceiling skimmed. Sometimes this type of flooring is part of the structure of flooring joists, you never get it back the same.

Reply to Advice on rewire method in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock