Discuss Advice On Rewire Of Lighting Circuit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

So would removing the 4.0mm2 T&E cable allow enough space to meet the 45% space requirement?

Also would you guy know what the regulation is called or the number?

I have a strong feeling what response I am going to get from the electrician when I mention this but I will try.

Short answer NO.
BS7671 Guidance note 3, page 28 2.6.3 Conduit Systems paragraph 3 Recommended quantity of cables for easy draw not exceeded during installation causing insulation damage; .......... Item should be inspected during the erection stage as the care and workmanship of the installer can be verified (522.8.1 and see On-Site Guide Appendix E)

My spoon has just worn out.

Last edited:
Short answer NO.
BS7671 Guidance note 3, page 28 2.6.3 Conduit Systems paragraph 3 Recommended quantity of cables for easy draw not exceeded during installation causing insulation damage; .......... Item should be inspected during the erection stage as the care and workmanship of the installer can be verified (522.8.1 and see On-Site Guide Appendix E)

My spoon has just worn out.

Many thanks for your time, help & patience.

Looks like I will be on the search for another electrician to put all these issues right which will be interesting as I am sure many will not want to put right another persons cock up.

Thanks again to everyone who has participated in this thread & for your input & advice.

Reply to Advice On Rewire Of Lighting Circuit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views
I’m planning a 240V welder circuit in a detached garage with a 100A sub panel. For the 160A or 180A output welders I’m looking at, the conductor...
Replies
Views
I live in a warehouse condo, converted about 20 years ago. The building dates to about 1870 but with the conversion, all of the electrical was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a log cabin in my garden. An electrician ran an armoured cable from my consumer unit to the log cabin and this terminates on the...
Replies
Views
BMS installers have attended. After fitting the panel they also replaced the aged lighting in the boiler room with 6ft LED battens as instructed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock