Discuss Advice on sorting out alarm on new property in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

lecky_bob

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi,
I have moved into a new flat - back in August. There is an installed (and powered up) ADT PowerMaster 10 alarm installed. I have checked with ADT and it used to be on contract but it is not any more.
I have no idea on any PINs - previous owners not so good on leaving paperwork etc.
Not really sure I want it anyway as it is so easy to put in security using all this new smart technology - I am a networking chap anyway.
The advice I would like please is:
- Shall I just rip it all out? Given all the tamper protection its going to be noisy to do that :) I can access the bell relatively easily so I could warn neighbours and go for it?
- Shall I get ADT to reset it all for me, and put it back on contract? £££
To be honest I want the cheapest solution and I am really not that bothered about keeping/using this alarm. I understand people might want to PM me rather than reply in public.
Thanks

http://www.visonic.com/Data/Uploads/PowerMaster10_English_Installer_Guide_D-303145.pdf
read this , it would be better to go reset it back to factory conditions.
Won’t work....Tyco who owns ADT and also Visonic made ADT branded Visonic panels, closed protocol. You can’t even buy Visonic parts and add them to an ADT branded Visonic panel if you had full control including engineer codes. I wouldn’t even contemplate taking out a contract with ADT....Best place for that panel, is in the bin.

Remove and start again. Rubbish anyway and do not go on a contract with them

why not just replace the control panel. the detectors can be re-used, but if eol resistors are used, you may need to alter the values.

why not just replace the control panel. the detectors can be re-used, but if eol resistors are used, you may need to alter the values.
They can’t..,The Visonic powermax is a wireless alarm and because they are ADT branded they won’t work with another Visonic panel. Tyco have done this on purpose so you have to basically use ADT or bin the panel. Tyco are the also the shysters who have/are installing the THFC fire alarm which has totally been messed up.

Years ago the burglars used to fill them with expanding foam. Does that still work? :cool:

Reply to Advice on sorting out alarm on new property in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock