Discuss Advice on where to find experience in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Paul Whybrow

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Good Morning All,

I wonder if any of you more accomplished Electricians could help with this?, I have completed 2365 level 2 and 3, 18th BS7671 have IPAF 3a and 3b plus asbestos awareness,. whilst looking for work and experience I seem to be struggling and was looking for additional ideas of where to find possible opportunities,.

Currently I have some part time work with a local Electrician and am hoping that will continue, I have also posted my CV around all the local Electricians in my area and applied for numerous jobs online and spoken to many agencies. Is there a shortage of mates work out there currently? am I asking or saying the wrong things. I am based in Kent and am willing to travel so I have not put restrictions on what I'm looking for

Any advice or pointers would be greatly received

Thank you in advance

Good Morning All,

I wonder if any of you more accomplished Electricians could help with this?, I have completed 2365 level 2 and 3, 18th BS7671 have IPAF 3a and 3b plus asbestos awareness,. whilst looking for work and experience I seem to be struggling and was looking for additional ideas of where to find possible opportunities,.

Currently I have some part time work with a local Electrician and am hoping that will continue, I have also posted my CV around all the local Electricians in my area and applied for numerous jobs online and spoken to many agencies. Is there a shortage of mates work out there currently? am I asking or saying the wrong things. I am based in Kent and am willing to travel so I have not put restrictions on what I'm looking for

Any advice or pointers would be greatly received

Thank you in advance
What does your CV look like? very important to get that bit right when looking for jobs.

Qhat does your CV look like? very important to get that bit right when looking for jobs.
agree. a professionally prepared CV is worth paying a few quid for. i did mine myself. it had smoke burns and beer stains on it and i wondered why nobody gave me an interview,

A lot of the good electricians don’t advertise so might have slipped your nternet searches for local electricians.

You could try speaking to some of the local wholesalers and asking if you can get an advert in there window for the promise of buying some test equipment off them in the future when you have your feet on the ground.
Get some business cards made up with your contact details on them, leave 10 of them everywhere you can get an ad in the window.

If possible when you visit, speak to the manager not the general staff and if they have a charity box on the counter, make sure they see you save a fiver in.

Best regards f luck in your quest.

Is there anyone on the forum that would recommend someone who could create a professionally CV at a cost obviously?
here is a link.

A lot of the good electricians don’t advertise so might have slipped your nternet searches for local electricians.

You could try speaking to some of the local wholesalers and asking if you can get an advert in there window for the promise of buying some test equipment off them in the future when you have your feet on the ground.
Get some business cards made up with your contact details on them, leave 10 of them everywhere you can get an ad in the window.

If possible when you visit, speak to the manager not the general staff and if they have a charity box on the counter, make sure they see you save a fiver in.

Best regards f luck in your quest.
Thank you Good idea on the business cards
[automerge]1568623444[/automerge]
here is a link.
Thank you I shall give them a call

Hi Pete,

I think you may have a point with the CV as all it lists currently are the Qualifications and the little experience that I have. But its how to make it stand out against other cv's
I am willing to help you out there Paul, It was part of my work in the later stages of my career to help people construct their own CV.
I offered this to one member, but sadly for him he failed to respond, he was a foreign national and his English not good, but that wouldn't have been a problem, my thoughts are he wanted something for nothing so the offer has been removed on my part.
Anyway if you want to send me you current CV I will see if I can improve on it. I'll PM you my email. Let me know either way.

I am willing to help you out there Paul, It was part of my work in the later stages of my career to hel[ people construct their own CV.
I offered this to one member, but sadly for him he failed to respond, he was a foreign national and his English not good, but that wouldn't have been a problem, my thoughts are he wanted something for nothing so the offer has been removed on my part.#
Anyway if you want to send me you current CV I will see if I can improve on it. I'll PM you my email.
now, that's an offer you can't refuse. a good CV prepared for a couple of bottles of red. :D :D :D

By the way, f luck was supposed to read, best of luck.
All thumbs this morning, oops.

I am willing to help you out there Paul, It was part of my work in the later stages of my career to help people construct their own CV.
I offered this to one member, but sadly for him he failed to respond, he was a foreign national and his English not good, but that wouldn't have been a problem, my thoughts are he wanted something for nothing so the offer has been removed on my part.
Anyway if you want to send me you current CV I will see if I can improve on it. I'll PM you my email. Let me know either way.
Started already 1111111111
[automerge]1568645169[/automerge]
Hi Pete

The would be a great help if you are able to do this for me. Thank you
Already started Mate may take a while be patient

try one of our regular members, Leesparkykent. i understand he's quite a large concern.

Reply to Advice on where to find experience in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net