Discuss Advice on wiring a heater for an outdoor swimming pool in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Grumbo14323

Hi all looking for some advice on a job I am doing wiring up the heater of an outside swimming pool.....the heater is 12kw rated 230_v...the pool is about 8 metres away from the mains in the guys house...I am running a 10_mm twin from the mains to a 63amp plug and socket on the outside of his house...from there I am running a 10 mm armoured flex to the heater which sits in a waterproof enclosure at the side of the pool....the problem I have is at the mains...a 50 amp rcbo would have been perfect as the guy has 3 spare ways on the wylex board for the house...but 12kw =52.17_amps!!anyone recommend a small enclosure which would house a 63 amp RCD and a separate 63amp MCB,single phase ,pretty small in size and cheap lol...or any other suggestions for the mains side...cheers in advance people:)

BG garage CU. but change the RCD and MCB to 63A. you won't need overload protection as it's a fixed load. just fault protection so 63A is fine, provided that the cable installation method is good for 50A ( 12k/240=50).

Cable installation method is fine mate....I have never seen the inside if one if the units you are referring to...will it take 25 mm tails in the top?is the RCD /MCB not where the tails go IN TO?I am thinking I would need a separate mcb for the load side?

An electrically heated swimming pool? Does the owner have any idea how much this is going to cost to run?! An ASHP would pay for itself in a short time

Reply to Advice on wiring a heater for an outdoor swimming pool in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm trying to understand legislation in the UK for using an air pump in conjunction with a swimming pool with regards creating and supplying...
Replies
Views
Been round to a house to quote to replace some storage heaters for new panel heaters and came across a strange (to me at least) way of wiring the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for some tips on supplying my pool equipment (2kw heater, 1hp pump, 1.6kw swim jet, 12w led light) with power. My house has a...
Replies
Views
Hi, i live in a new build house where they builders have left a junction box on the outside of my house. In the junction box there is a 6mm twin...
Replies
Views
I need to run a electric wire from the garage to outside against the house and back into the kitchen for a stove can I just use a outdoor wire and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock