Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Advice on wiring for LED lighting in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Gary Palmer

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,

Im after some advice, I recently refurb'd my Kitchen. When the kitchen was re-wired I put in place one circuit with 3 connection points to install a light under each cupboard. This is fine if I wanted standard tubes underneath, however I'd like to fit some LED strip lights, however I now find that most of these are connected via a seperate 'link cable'. I cant use these as my wiring is buried underneath the plaster.

So the only solution I can think of is to wire in a transformer/driver at each connection point (cupboard) in the circuit.

Is there any reason not to do this? or a better way?

Cheers

Gary

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
generally you would fit the transformers on top of the wall cupboards, with the leads to the lights in the 1/2" cavity behind them. can you dig your cables out above cupboards?

You can get small led strip lights complete with driver they luck good and give out a good light aswell a trip to your local wholesalers hell have them on show

G

Gary Palmer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I'll go down the three separates route. I have access to the connection points. they were terminated so that I could fit the lights when ready. really I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem fitting 3 of these transformers on the circuit OR that there wasn't a better way I wasn't aware of.

Reply to Advice on wiring for LED lighting in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom