SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Advice please: Programmable Room Thermostat in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dipsb_13

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi All

Was wondering if anybody can help me out...

I am trying to replace a standard Honeywell thermostat with a Sunvic Programmable Room Thermostat http://www.sunvic.co.uk/tlx6501.htm

My current Honeywell thermostat (not programmable) has 4 wires coming from it

* Earth
* Neutral
* Live
* Additional - this i have been told is a link (smaller red wire)

The new Sunvic programmable thermostat only has 3 places for wires to go in the following points

* NO
* COM
* NC

Please can someone tell me what goes where as I am confused?

Thanks in advance

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Welcome to the forum matey, I don't have that kind of knowledge to answer that question, but I'm sure someone on here will shortly

G

Grae79

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
what do you mean a "smaller red wire"?? you mean it's shorter than the others or smaller in diameter? is it not just 3 core & E?? earth, brown (red), black (yellow), grey (blue)??

Dan

Admin
Welcome to the forum. :) Be sure to follow all the regs! I'm not a sparky so I'll stay out of this one.

D

dipsb_13

Hi All

Grae79 thanks for your response, I have attached the photo below of the wiring going to my current Honeywell room thermostat.

This is the programmabvle theremostat I have got Sunvic Controls Limited

Really appreciate your help.

Attachments

G

Grae79

first thing's first, make sure the exisiting stat's properly isolated before you start!! if you don't know how to do this then call in a professional, pls!!

if there's no earth on the new stat then terminate it in a conn. block...same with the neutral (blue)...seperate conn. blocks, obviously. then you want your permanent live (red) to the COM on new stat..and your switched live (yellow w. red sleeve) to N/O on the new stat. that should be that. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dipsb_13

FANTASTIC thanks!!

Do you know where the shorter red wire would go? - the one thats going to point '1' in the image on the previous message.

Thanks again

D

dipsb_13

sorry i misread before

thanks very much for your help

Reply to Advice please: Programmable Room Thermostat in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom