Discuss Advice required in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Tweezer

DIY
Reaction score
I recently asked an electrician to move 3 sockets from the skirting to the wall above. He has fitted wago terminals to the existing plug on the skirting and extended the wire to the socket above as the wire was not long enough to reach the new plug. Am I able to put the wago blocks into a wago choc block and put under floor board thereby allowing me to remove my skirting and old plug? The choc block will be accessible as carpet is going down?

Can you be a little clearer/precise, you mention sockets and plugs - whereas if someone is moving a socket, then there likely won't be any plugs involved!

A photo would help.

Can you be a little clearer/precise, you mention sockets and plugs - whereas if someone is moving a socket, then there likely won't be any plugs involved!

A photo would help.
Sorry it’s a double socket that was moved, I don’t have a photo as I’m away at present, A new double socket was put above the old socket above the skirting and a new wire run from the old socket

If you want to remove the old double socket / box, then I'd suggest the junction is moved to under the floorboards, using Wago connectors in a Wagobox, which can be maintenance free and doesn't need to be accessible.

I'd fit blanking plates in place of the old socket fronts.

Did he not complete the work as you wanted? Or is this something you've thought about afterwards.
I asked him to move the sockets and he has removed one socket and then said as the wire was not long enough for the other three so instead of picking up the floorboards he has just connected a new wire through wago connectors which are housed in the old socket
[automerge]1580160953[/automerge]
I'd fit blanking plates in place of the old socket fronts.
I have blanking plates but I need to change the skirting boards and behind the blanking plates are the wago connectors

If it was me... I'd firstly try to wire up the new 'on the wall' double sockets with new cable avoiding the use of any wago connectors and preserving the ring. If this isn't practicable, I'd have wago boxes in the floor void with the correct wagon connectors so that it's maintenance free. I'd then have removed all the old sockets/boxes thus leaving you clear to remove/renew the skirting boards.

If it was me... I'd firstly try to wire up the new 'on the wall' double sockets with new cable avoiding the use of any wago connectors and preserving the ring. If this isn't practicable, I'd have wago boxes in the floor void with the correct wagon connectors so that it's maintenance free. I'd then have removed all the old sockets/boxes thus leaving you clear to remove/renew the skirting boards.
Thanks a lot that’s great

Reply to Advice required in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock