Discuss Advice? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Shpark

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

Not a house basher, so need some advice for a job for a friend. Friend wants a feed for outdoor seating area putting in. Current set up is 1 socket in a garage fed in 4mm off of spur from ring in house (see first pic). Planning on extending this 4mm cable and taking it back to the board. Then installing a garage board in the garage and then feeding the seating area off the garage (second pic. Thoughts suggestions?

Cheers

Attachments

• B6CE7228-6300-417F-89C5-9A73FC125B9B.jpeg
    398.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 0396C588-EAFB-4A37-A2A0-BC0DB9E4DB26.jpeg
    409.3 KB · Views: 20
Looks fine to me, obvious caveats.
If there is earth bound metalwork - needs to be 10mm^2 to enable bonding (if TNC-S)
If swa throughout omit rcd at feed to allow co-ordination with the rcd at garage cu.
Volt drop, Zs within limits etc.

Reply to Advice? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Im just curious as to peoples thoughts on the following install I seen on a video from an Electrical firm today and they did the following: Ran...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Merry Christmas to everyone, and apologies for talking work during the holidays😅 I have my first EV charger install job early in the New...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster. I have an SWA 3 core armoured cable buried that runs to my back garden. This originally serviced an...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock