Discuss Advise on my EIC to be used on niceic assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just going through my EIC that i will be summitting to BC- then to use this job for my Niceic initial assessment- so just trying to make sure theres no holes!

job is just new ring circuit to 2 sockets out a 32a mcb on 30ma rcd side of a existing 16th board.

in sec 3- comments on existing installation

i have put 'unable to verify charactoristic of primary over current protective device- suppliers property'
-them put LIM in section 8 for supply protective device.
and 'incoming water main is plastic on supply and consumer side of stop cock- recommend installing bonding to 1st point of copper pipe where reasonably practical.'

in sec 6- any departs

i have put 'absence of circuit schedule for fuse board (c3) Absence of testing and inspection notice (c3)'

Dave beat me to it!!!

And the assessor will probably be wondering why you would run a ring to serve just two sockets as it suggests a lack of design ability/knowledge.

Originally plan it to be a radial as you say its only 2 sockets

then it was decided thermal insulation was being used in the stud- changing my ref from c to 103!

instead of buying bigger cable 4/poss 6 i decided to keep the 2.5, do it as a ring and have 20a as ocd

ccc for 2.5 in 103 is 13.5a x2 (ring) 27a

thats why its a ring

if i was to leave as a radial as ref 103- ccc would of been 13.5amp and would of had to go on 10amp ocd

made the best out of a bad situation that i couldnt help!

if i explain the above with conviction- will that not show competence?

You are not allowed to use 'LIM' on an EIC

I see that this has been debated before on this forum . I note that reg 634.2 (referring to limitations) is only under 634 Periodic Inspection & Testing. I've looked through GN3 (green version) and can't find the reference to not using 'limitations' in an EIC.

Using the online certification provided by Elecsa (think niceic use exact same software by Certsure), the only selectable option for rated current for the primary supply OPD is, either the rated current (i.e. 100a), N/A or LIM. It won't allow you to put anything else in there. 'LIM' is also an option for all the other characteristics for the primary supply OPD.

'LIM' is also an available option in the 'test results' section.

No there's no reference to not using LIM, just as there's nothing stating you can't use a 6" nail as a fuse.
BS7671 is a standard, not a list of what not to do or a how to book.

Reply to Advise on my EIC to be used on niceic assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net