Discuss aemc ground resistance tester 3705 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SparkySy

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi to the knowledgeable collective,
I recently was given one of these clamp meters for helping a friend out, however upon researching its uses it looks like it's for testing ground spike or plate resistance. Has anyone used one of these and do you have any guidance in their use? I found the user manual for it but it is still a little unclear!
Screenshot_20190722-182529.png

To use one of these you need a minimum of two electrodes. I used to use the Megger equivalent for LP system testing.

I see, it says that it has twin coils in the clamp one to induce and the other to measure. I take it it needs the two rods to complete the circuit so to speak?

Reply to aemc ground resistance tester 3705 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have an older Crouse Hinds board with a 200A service. Due to recent rehab on the house, I found I have the need to install a sub panel. I...
Replies
Views
Looking for counsel / guidance to replace an original Dayton On/off with speed control switch. I’ve checked with a couple local electrical supply...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm trying to add an additional outlet to a circuit in my house. I tested the outlet with a tester, and it showed as correct. The existing...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need some help with an electrical issue I'm experiencing. I recently created a new circuit for an electric oven at my friend's...
Replies
Views
Hi guys & gals, I gave in and bought the new Megger MFT-X1. Got my hands on it Friday night, had a little play with it, used it at work on Monday...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock