Discuss Aerial for flats in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sima24

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

im an electrician and wiring a block of 50 flats. Currently starting on 5 show Floyd before the plans are finalised for the whole building. I'm struggling to get hold of a aerial installer to come out ASAP as all I have left on these show flats is the aerial / satellite.

I want to run all the cables for the aerial guys into a common riser so they can connect them to whatever they need and install aerials. I want to make sure everything is right for whoever comes so basically the right amount of coax ran to the correct places.

each flat is 2 bedrooms and will want a tv point in lounge and both bedrooms. I'm thinking of running 2 x coax from riser to each flat, or would I need to run a cable from riser to each point so 3 in total per flat.

if anyone has any ideas on how many cables and where to run them that would be much appreciated.

also any aerial installers in Northamptonshire?

Depends entirely on the design of the building and if you are talking about just terrestrial or if you would be providing satellite as well.
You mention a riser so assume this is a tower block. The neatest way for just terrestrial would be to split for the bedrooms & lounge in each flat then you would only need to run one cable (maybe ct125 depending on calculations) to each riser. The aerial installer would then use a launch amp at the head end and have a leg for each riser (maybe ct125 or 167) and would tap off from this trunk feed at each common distribution point.
Personally I would bond at each distribution point tap and would bond the splitter in the flat to the flat met.

Reply to Aerial for flats in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net