Discuss AFCI or AFCI/GFCI breakers? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Selling our house to move out of state. Been working for quite a while to purge/pack/fix many small issues (mostly cosmetic), and paint.

I have had to fix several electrical issues left me by previous owner who happens to be a licensed electrician.

I had the electrical service upgraded in 2003 and had three 15A AFCI breakers put in. Each supplies a circuit zone that includes one of the three bedrooms. I tested the breakers the other day and found out that one of those breakers doesn't trip when I press TEST, so I need to replace that breaker.

1. Front Bedroom/Living Room/Garage
2. Middle Bedroom/Kitchen/Hallway
3. Master Bathroom and Master Bedroom

There is a GFCI outlet above the kitchen counter, and both bathrooms have GFCI outlets. There are no exterior outlets. I have moved the garage receptacle for the washer and replaced it with a 20A GFCI. It is on its own 20A breaker.

My question is about code, whether it has changed such that those three AFCI breakers now have to be AFCI/GFCI?

Thank you in advance.

Reply to AFCI or AFCI/GFCI breakers? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am going to be replacing two AFCI breakers after a lightning strike in a house built in 2003. I will be bringing the breakers with me to ensure...
Replies
Views
Background Two weeks ago, lightning struck a tree in our yard. Many circuits tripped and several electronic devices failed. There was a strong...
Replies
Views
Having trouble figuring this one out. House was built 5 years ago. Eaton box and breakers. Over the past 3 weeks, the bedroom breaker keeps...
Replies
Views
Our family room is part of an addition built a few years ago. We had an issue with nuisance tripping on an AFCI and the electrician came and...
Replies
Views
My daughter asked me to replace a standard outlet on her porch with a GFCI outlet. We installed it correctly but were not able to get it to work...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock