Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss AFDD Covering Arse in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys just looking to see what everyone else does when not installing any AFDDs when the customer isn't interested in them (can't really blame them) I currently just put a note on the certificate saying that client was advised but refused them. If anyone has any information about what the schemes are saying about this it would be appreciated as I have my next NICEIC assessment soon and not really sure.
Thanks

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

ipf

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Covering arse?.....More use......latest from Snickers.......Automatic Fart Detection Denims.
edit. That should be ...latest from Stinkers.

Charlie_

-
Arms
The regs recommend them for;
  • Premises with sleeping accommodation (e.g. a youth hostel)
  • Locations with a risk of fire due to the nature of stored or processed materials (e.g. barns)
  • Locations with combustible construction materials (e.g. a building constructed primarily of timber)
  • Fire propagating structures (e.g. chimney like spaces, lift shafts)
  • Locations with endangering of irreplaceable goods (e.g. museums)

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Advent Win
Stroma assessment last week....assessors opinion was houses are dwellings...but they are only a recommendation (for now)....so recommended em but and make a note in the cert if declined...

Wilko

-
Arms
Esteemed
Assessor is allowed to have an opinion ... can’t wait for my bloke, ha ha. I do try not to bait him, but I’m anything but perfect :) .

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to AFDD Covering Arse in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom