Discuss After some advise about getting back into electrical work. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi there,

I’m looking & hoping to get back into electrical work after nearly 15 years doing something else. I’m 44 now, have I left it too late in life now ? Is my age likely to put potential employers off ?

I went back to college in 2004/05 to retrain as an electrician, completed the NVQ level 3 City & Guilds 2351 (all 8 parts). Got myself a job with a company but it was only a temporary 6 month contract, that ended & was in the process of buying our first home so took any job to keep the income coming in. Went to night school in late 2006 and passed the C&G 2377 PAT course to try and improve my job search but unfortunately nothing came of it and ended up getting stuck in dead-end jobs for the next 5-6 years.

When I see electrician’s mate jobs advertised, they usually say must have ECS card. Is it worth me getting an electrical Labourer’s card to aid me in getting back into the electrical industry so I can hopefully become fully qualified ?

Never done agency work before either, so that is putting doubts in my mind also.

Last edited:

Reply to After some advise about getting back into electrical work. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock