Discuss Agricultural rcd tt system pannel board. in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Looking for recomendations for a pannel mccb board for a agricultural installation.
Looking at schnider or protuse (city own brand).
My understanding of 17th regs is as follows.
Tt with a rod / plate or tn as long as plate laid in floor, under concrete.

Then a 300ma s type main switch 4 pole. Do they do a main switch of this type or would it be mccb on final circuits with a rcd built in, but surely this would only be 3 pole.
Been genuine as I've never come across pannel boards with rcd protection before.
Any genuine help appreciated.

It is unusual to see 60947-2 devices with an integral rcd unit, you usually have to fit separate rcd modules. If you are considering this route you need to speak to Schneider or Eaton and they will design a bespoke panel. Hope Mr or Mrs Farmer have a large wallet.

Personally I would install a seperate RCD and enclosure before the MCCB board. I would do this for future maintenance that would allow the MCCB board to be safely isolated in its entirety. It would also afford additional protection to the supply as it enters the board.

The people you need to speak to are Schneider. The modules you fit are called vigi blocks which are an add on module to the mccb along with a neutral link block. Fitting these to a factory enclosure may require an extension chamber due to their size and if you have little or no experience with this you may experience some very expensive mistakes. Schneider will design a bespoke board for your needs and I would suggest following this route, it will not be like knocking up a consumer unit.

If you’re using the Powerpact panel board, you would have to use a VIGI module and a 4 pole MCCB instead of a main switch.
Acti 9, just use an RCCB instead of a main switch.

Reply to Agricultural rcd tt system pannel board. in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net