Discuss Aico ei150 to ei166 wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I am looking to replace a couple of aico ei150 with newer optical ei166 smoke alarms.

The existing wiring consists of 4 wires (2 blue wires, 1 brown and 1 white) moulded into a terminal connector which plugs into the ei150. The question I have is what do I do with the 2nd blue wire as the newer ei166 has provisions for 1 blue, 1 brown and 1 white wire.

T

Toneyz

You don't have the flylead connector with the 160 it is wire direct.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes I understand the wires go direct into the relevant terminals but what do I do with the spare blue wire? On the ei150 the pin was blanked.

T

Toneyz

You don't use the flylead with the plug on it that was used for connection to the 150. Maybe post a photo up so we can see what you are describing. We had the 150 range with sealed battery but have changed to 160 round range with PP9 battery they are designed to have the mains PVC/PVC cable(s) directly into the enclosed terminals. Although I am a fan of Aico smoke detectors I have always found that anything more than one cable is a bot tight and have had a fast-fix box/k.o. box above but if you have the old type 150 you should have this anyway.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Aico ei150 to ei166 wiring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom