Discuss Aico Launches 3000 Series in the Forum Sponsor News and Offers area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Launch 3000 Series System | Aico Fire and Carbon Monoxide systems

Aico have launched a new alarm system for fire and carbon monoxide detection. As your clients switch on their heating as we come into winter protection against accidents is vital. the 3000 Series is one alarm system for both fire and carbon monoxide that easily slides on to an existing easi-fit base. It is fully backwards compatible with previous Aico systems. The 3000 system has SmartLink connectibility and AudioLink technology

You can see the video about the new 3000 Series System here.

Carbon Monoxide | Detect Carbon Monoxide

It is coming up to that time of year when your customers will put their central heating and fires on after the Summer months. Aico make a range of carbon monoxide detectors from simple stand alone ones to ones that are part of a complete fire and carbon monoxide intelligent system. They also have battery, mains powered and mains powered with battery back up alarms.

Become an Aico Expert Installer | Install Aico Systems

You can become and Aico Expert Installer by completing their award winning training course, which is FREE. training is is modules and you can pick the modules you do that are most relevant to you. A lot of the modules are CPD accredited. Upon completion of the course, you will receive supporting literature, and industry update along with Certificates to show your clients and van stickers.

If you are interested in becoming an Aico Expert Installer please email [email protected] and mention you are from ElectriciansForums.net in your email.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Every day is a school day.

Regarding the link Julie posted the last paragraph states:

While building standards recommend mains operated devices with battery back-up for building work in certain circumstances, tamper proof long-life lithium battery operated devices may be the preferred option for home owners. Section 10 of the Building (Scotland) Act 2003 provides a degree of flexibility when applying the building regulations to alterations, extensions and conversions, and it could be considered that a sealed long-life battery operated system that is interlinked via radio frequency can provide an equal or in some cases, higher level of protection than is required through Building Regulations. Local authority building standards verifiers should take a pragmatic approach when applying the non-mandatory guidance to alterations, extensions and conversions, as contained in the technical handbooks.

We find Highland council always specify mains powered. I dont know if that is a location thing or just that they haven't caught up with the 19th Century yet!

We find Highland council always specify mains powered. I dont know if that is a location thing or just that they haven't caught up with the 19th Century yet!

If you are a Certifier of Construction with SELECT or NICEIC then the council are legally required to accept your paperwork (BS 7671 / BS 5839 Pt 6 / COC online cert) with no further enquiry.

End of.

Just make sure you dot you I's and cross yout T's

I had this discussion with a building standards officer in 2004 locally and once they checked they realised and let it go

The building standards officer has NO liability for the electrics if he or she receives a valid certifier of construction certificate

Last edited:
If you are a Certifier of Construction with SELECT or NICEIC then the council are legally required to accept your paperwork (BS 7671 / BS 5839 Pt 6 / COC online cert) with no further enquiry.

End of.

Just make sure you dot you I's and cross yout T's

I had this discussion with a building standards officer in 2004 locally and once they checked they realised and let it go

The building standards officer has NO liability for the electrics if he or she receives a valid certifier of construction certificate
More info on link below

Reply to Aico Launches 3000 Series in the Forum Sponsor News and Offers area at ElectriciansForums.net