Discuss Aico Smoke and Heat Detectors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

aftabjaved

Hi all
I am about to let my spare home for rent . I am thinking to install a fire detecting system. i tend to use :

4 x aico EI168 RC (radio link bases)
3 x Aico EI 141 Main ion smoke det
1 x Aico EI 144 Main Heat alarm

All the units will be radio link, so that one go they all go . My question is;
  • will this confiration will work as intend it to?
  • is radio linked system will work as good as hard wire one
  • does the radio signal will interfere with other remote cotroled devices in the house like Tv ,ect

Many Thanks in advance
Afi

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it will work, if you read the instructions you will find that they will work as soon as you put them up but on the off chance that a neighbour puts in the same system you should sync them together, its simple enough using the test button and the little amber neons flash on the side of the bases and effectively count the number of bases you have, This will reduce the chance of any interference from other units within range.

RadioLink is never as good as a hard wired system in my opinion but they are very useful if running cables is difficult. I did a Grade one listed building with these as cable runs were impossible behind medievil oak panels and Georgian stucco plasterwork.

Worked a treat
They should not be troubled with other remote appliances as they are on a different frequency.

Hi all
I am about to let my spare home for rent . I am thinking to install a fire detecting system. i tend to use :

4 x aico EI168 RC (radio link bases)
3 x Aico EI 141 Main ion smoke det
1 x Aico EI 144 Main Heat alarm

All the units will be radio link, so that one go they all go . My question is;
  • will this confiration will work as intend it to?
  • is radio linked system will work as good as hard wire one
  • does the radio signal will interfere with other remote cotroled devices in the house like Tv ,ect

Many Thanks in advance
Afi

Don't know whether the design is spot on but, if wired correctly, by a qualified person, I can't see any problems.

Thank you all for quick replys. iPf any suggestion regarding design ,bearing in mind it has to be Radio link as there is too much stuff in the house.
i intend to take line and nutral from nearest ciling rose for each Radio like base.

thank
Afi

yes ,guitarist ,Why not
Here it goes , i hope it halp .done 2 jabs for 30 years . fully paid hous no1 . bought a new house . with house no1s rent coming in pays the 1/2 the morgage's monthly.

afi

TaffyDuck , thanks

On the that job ,which make you use as i am reading some nagtive comments on Aico products.

afi

If you Google any product or service you will find negative comments somewhere. I have used Aico for years and the Radio link bases on 3 installs in the last 2 years with no problems at all.

Check to areas of use for the Ionisation detectors. In the AICO guides, it advises the use of Optical detectors in most areas.

Radio Link, never once had a problem. Earlier this year, i fitted radio link into a row of 3 houses. All coded to each other in the same house and no problems.

Only time you'll have problems is if whilst your coding yours, a neighbor just happens to be coding the same radio link bases.

I would suggest a EI2110 in the kitchen instead of a heat- this is a combined heat and optical unit that checks BOTH heat and smoke for a fire.

I use Aico all the time and wouldn't use anytrhing else- never had a problem

Reply to Aico Smoke and Heat Detectors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net