Discuss air conditioner high-low voltage error in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello friends. My air conditioner gives E6 error. It gives High / Low voltage error in the user manual. But when I measure the incoming energy, it's 220V. reading. I am uploading a few photos below. There is no energy in cable number 5 in the first picture. Does it have to be? The air conditioner comes from the outdoor unit to the indoor unit cable. I see it feeding the Out Fan in the air conditioner indoor unit. However, there is no energy due to the error, or is the problem arising from this?
I upload the photo of the card and cable distribution picture inside the air conditioner. Does anyone have an idea? For example, everything is normal but the circuit measuring the voltage is defective. Can we bridge this?
I measured the output of the transformer inside the air conditioner, and I did not come across a problem.

Attachments

• IMG_20200402_194610.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20200402_211859.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 25
  • kMQqnq.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20200402-213538.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 22
Hello. Greetings from sunny London.

Are you an electrician or do you work on electrical equipment in some way?

Do you have a voltmeter?

Did your air con system ever work correctly? When was it installed and by whom?

Is there 'energy' at the other end of the cable going to terminal 5 - check at the indoor end and the outdoor end - BE VERY CAREFUL! Tell me the voltage at each end with respect to Terminal 1.

Please send me the exact make and model of your system.

Last edited:
Error code E6 is often caused by poor connections between the indoor and outdoor unit - those for power (high voltage) and data/control (low voltage) hence the short description for the E6 Code as 'High/Low voltage error'.

It is a good idea to check the connections for their goodness.

To satisfy my curiosity - where are you in Turkey?

:)

In istanbul. :) Yes I'm Electrician. My air conditioner was working properly for 10 years. Suddenly he started giving E6 error. When I measure with voltmeter, it looks 220V. There is no energy in terminal 5 at the other end of the cable. It is powered by the outdoor unit of the air conditioner. Terminal 1 is 220V at both ends. looks. Have you ever been in turkey? Eğer Türksen söyle Türkçe konuşalım. Thank You. Model and System: Vestel Platinum A-18

dodo41: I will search for and download the manual for your air con and read it through before coming back to you.

I have been to Istanbul and Izmir and enjoyed these visits, found the people friendly and food wonderful.

Some simple things first.

1. Have you checked the fuse on the circuit board shown in image 3? It is found along the top edge just above the 4 black rectangular block components - which are relays.

2. Please tell me if:

a. the compressor starts;

b. the contactor 52C operates - does it have power?

c. the solenoid 20S operates - does it have power?

3. Please send me a photo of the reverse side of the main control board.

Last edited:
Kontaktor:
Omron G7L-2A-TUB 240V. AC
indir.png
No energy on Brown wire
cond up.jpg

There is no energy at the coil ends of the contactor. So the compressor doesn't work either.

Thank you. It looks like the relays may not be operating.

Is there voltage on the blue wire from terminal 4?

This is very helpful information. Do not forget to tell me the details on the 16 leg/pin integrated circuit.

What test equipment do you have - a low voltage direct current voltmeter?

Last edited:
Good morning dodo41. Thank you for the photos.

Please use your Uni-T meter to measure three direct current voltages - V1, V2 and V3 - as I have described in the attachment turkaircon below. Set meter to dc 0-20Volts

When you do this all the connections need to made to the main circuit board and the 220V ac turned on - so be very careful. Only measure the voltages I have asked for.

Take care not to short pins together on the 'blue' or 'orange' components.

Attachments

• turkaircon.doc.docx
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
I will send you some more test diagrams later. The readings indicate there is regulated 5Volt dc power supply for the electronics - good.

Next we will check the UN2003A integrated circuit. I will send details in another post.

Just to check 4 simple things - have you:

a. changed the batteries in the remote control?

b. changed the batteries in a wireless thermostat (if you have one)?

c. turned the system on in constant mode and turned the thermostat to its lowest setting?

d. checked the air con is not in timed mode?

Reply to air conditioner high-low voltage error in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net