Discuss airbag fault peugeot 206 gti 2003 in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

brum

Hi guys the wifes car has recently come up with airbag fault on the main display I live on a Scottish island so a trip to main dealers is very expensive boat fares etc do any of you know how I may be able to trace fault a diagnostic fault finder could not trace fault cheers..brum

Check below seats for wires at seatbelt, if this wiring is pull out or has pooer connect it will make warning light. Problem will be with making ECU resetting, only Peugeot can make alarm reset. Also making testing on airbag wiring with electrical tester is danger, can make airbag active and kill person too close.

I had a similar problem on 2 different makes of vehicle and they both turned out to be the rotary coupler in the steering wheel. Basically it's a long set of wires that wound in a way that doesn't make them go tight when turning the steering wheel. Fatigue fracture in wiring. Don't go playing or you might lose your fingers or more.

as above. the plug in under the driver's seat is one possibility. on a 306, we had this fault and it was the rotary switch on the steering column. if that's the case, then you need to replace the whole light/wiper stalk assembly, about £240, and get the ecu reset. any good auto electrician should be able to do this a damn site cheaper than main agent. the same switch can also stop the horn from working amongst other things.

my wife had this with a 206cc my daughter borrowed the car and turned the airbag off (keyswitch at right hand side of the dash) its so you can use a baby seat in the front
may be worth a check if your model has this?

Reply to airbag fault peugeot 206 gti 2003 in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net