Discuss AIrflow icon30 humidity timer pull cord problem in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

TheCodboy

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all. Having trouble with the module on the icon30. Never fitted this particular type of module before,usually just the normal timer type. Fan stars up with the lights as it should,but as soon as the lights are switched off the fan stops. Fan is fed with 3 core & earth as normal with S/L L & N. Am I missing something here? The pull cord is for a boost I believe? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thats the one we have in our utility (I think)

The pull cord will activate the timer and run for a period of time

The humidity sensor will only start the fan when it hits the moisture level.

I don't think it will come on with the lights.

I
”adjustable timer with momentary pull cord override”....
I tried S/L in the L terminal and Permanent live into T. Came on with the lights ,then off with the lights. Pull cord does nothing when it’s running or not. Swapped the 2 lives over,runs continually and pull cord still did nothing!! I’m not sure if it faulty as there’s no real defined “click” as you would get from a pull cord.

The pull cord is ON only, you can't stop the fan using the pull cord... only the timer can do that (or your isolation switch).

I would recommend you set the timer to a very short period and see what happens.

Don't put the cover on - then you have access to the terminals too.

Hope this helps

The pull cord is ON only, you can't stop the fan using the pull cord... only the timer can do that (or your isolation switch).

I would recommend you set the timer to a very short period and see what happens.

Hope this helps
So if I connect a perm L to that fan,the pull cord will operate it and the timer will turn it off?

Hope this helps
By the way,the customer supplied the fan & module... wouldn’t have been my choice for his bathroom.

So your customer has bought a humidistat fan with pull timer .... Not ideal for a bathroom , but OK for a utility.

Icon fans are, in my experience, well built and very reliable products. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for!

So your customer has bought a humidistat fan with pull timer .... Not ideal for a bathroom , but OK for a utility.

Icon fans are, in my experience, well built and very reliable products. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for!
Think I’ll tell him to just put a timer module in. Wouldn’t think anyone would want a pull cord hanging from their new bathroom ceiling.

The actual wiring diagram for the module,does show 3 connections.
Permanent live,neutral,and switched live from the light.

I have had a few of these type of components,fail to work straight out of the box,just make sure you follow the setting up procedure,in regard to initial adjustments.

I cannot remember off hand,what brand was to blame,but a plumbing pal of mine,called me a while back,as he was doubting his wiring,having had the same problem with a second,new module.
They were both faulty :)

Spoke to Airflow tech support this morning, basically yes it’s S/L, L & N and they told me to leave the fan on for 24-48 hours. Continuous running at first is not uncommon. It’s the humidity sensor settling apparently. Cheers for the help guys!

Reply to AIrflow icon30 humidity timer pull cord problem in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock