Discuss Airflow MVHR using switched live to activate boost in the Solar Thermal Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

saspm

Hi Guys,

I have installed an Airflow BV400 mechanical ventilation heat recovery unit for a builder I do work for. It was installed with the boost function being activated from the no voltage contact. This time I am installing an Airflow Adroit system but he wants it switching from the switched live of the lighting circuit and for it to run a selected time. I am needing to first fix tomorrow and not got and instructions or info, website instructions seem limited!

Is this something anyone has done, or have you any idea on how best to go about it?

Thanks,

Could you not just run a 3core and earth to the desired switch. Some MeV units have two speed settings or continuous and boost that way your covered. As for the time part unless its built in to the unit I'm sure you could find a workaround.

I'd go from the spur to the desired switch then 5 core flex from the spur to unit and joint the switch lives the back of the spur.

Thanks for you reply! Your right it should of been, but they have changed their mind.:(

I will give them a call in the morning, just wanted to see if anyone had some ideas on here!

I had to do one of these recently but it had to boost from 4 different bathrooms! took t/e from each bathroom up to some relays which then activated the boost without turning the other bathroom lights on! fun fun fun

I had similar. Was meant to run t & e to each bathroom but was only informed very late on in the day. House was one of these glass boxes.
As the bathrooms had so much natural light it was obvious that the recommended way of triggering was barely going to work in May, June or July as the lights would not be turned on.
I used a central heating single channel programmer to acivate the boost function morning and evening. I managed to tuck this away close to the range (with recirculating hood) so that the 1 hour override button on the programmer could be easily operated when cooking. We also have the option of using a relay from the cooker hood fan to operate the boost if moisture becomes a problem if the customer keeps forgetting to use the 1 hour boost

Simples, use contactors, we do it all the time, natural light problem solved with pir's.

Reply to Airflow MVHR using switched live to activate boost in the Solar Thermal Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net