Discuss Alarm Companies in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sanke

Hi all,
In these hard times I have been looking at alternative sources of business One such potential avenue is burglar/smoke alarms I would like to ask those that have experience of these fields is it one that you can enter independently or do you have to join one of the main companies ? Has anyone any other suggestions ?

Hi all,
In these hard times I have been looking at alternative sources of business One such potential avenue is burglar/smoke alarms I would like to ask those that have experience of these fields is it one that you can enter independently or do you have to join one of the main companies ? Has anyone any other suggestions ?

security is in the same boat mate,nothing much happening,you could try some of the nationals,depends where you are,some have more work at some branch's than others,but all of these have been paying off engineers recently so chances are slim,and youve more chance at a national than a smaller firm with lack of experience as they train better and like sparks coming into the game,wages arnt the best tho' expect anything between £8 and £13 ph,you do mainly get a car,phone,lappy,tools etc so that can be worth a few £ a year if your already paying for it..
worth contacting them anyway to see if anythings going
ps. dont just post a cv,everyones doing it and they get binned with a thanks but no thanks,call in to the branch of the company and ask to speak to service or install manager,and give them your cv,ive seen a couple get jobs that way...all the best
alarm man

The avenues worth trying in these 'testing' times are solar pv (but ya need money!) and marine electrics.

I tried getting security work and found it hard to get contacts, or contracts . Now i just use sub contractors for an inquiries.

Reply to Alarm Companies in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net