Discuss Alarm door contacts Help!!!! in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

hoppy

-
Reaction score
Hi I have no experience of alarms, I have just bought an alarm kit for my own house, it is a Honeywell accenta G4 mini panel, anyways I want to wire two door contacts to it, 1 for front and one for back doors, but I haven't got a clue on what connections are required at the contacts as there are five terminals and what connections are required at the panel.

Could someone please give me a little help, I have done some research and it has confused me more, as I read I may need resistors? I know each contact requires two cores!

I have connected the rest of the alarm no problem, 5 motion sensors and an auto dialer, everything else works fine, the contacts are probably the easiest thing, but they have baffled me.

Help please?

Two cores to each door contact connect on the normally closed terminals. At the panel connect them into the tamper terminals.

Thanks for your reply Hawk, again probably a basic question, but what are the normally closed terminals on the door contact as nothing is labelled, would that be the two silver terminals which have a pre-wired resistor across them?

Many thanks again for your help!

you take them into the zone's terminal at the panel not tampers and then the two middle terminals at the door contact. each door contact should be not its own zone

Thanks guys, so let me clarify this. each contact is simply a zone at the panel (2 connections), then at the door contact I connect 1 core to each of the silver terminals that are connected by a resistor across them? Thus ignoring the other 3 brass terminals at the door contact?
So no tamper connections are required?

The terminals on the contacts are to make it easier to junction cables into switches, thats what they are there for, and to terminate tamper loop..... hope diagram helps.

Door Contacts.jpg

Tampers are there so if the alarm is tampered with when it is set, then the alarm will sound.

Tampers will activate alarm either set or unset old days we called then 24hr circuits........they are also very useful for identifying cable faults, before the become a major problem....

haha. reminds me of a system i took over some years ago. ade optima. the guy who installed it had done a nice job, but with 1 exception. he'd wired all the global tamper loops in parallel.

haha. reminds me of a system i took over some years ago. ade optima. the guy who installed it had done a nice job, but with 1 exception. he'd wired all the global tamper loops in parallel.

Give a £1 Tel for every one i have seen like that....lol

I remember when the scantronic 9500 was the new kid on the block with its on board printer. Ultrasonic detectors, tube and batten frames , foil and pressure pads. Now they were alarms

good old days. shop windows foiled in a huge rectangle, all the corners double folded to maintain continuity, masked and varnished over. lace wired doors, covered in hardboard. there's a major retailer in hanley, stoke-on-trent that i did in 1982 still got my window foil on windows and glass doors.

Reply to Alarm door contacts Help!!!! in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net