Discuss alarm going off in middle of night? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

If its a wireless one, I've had one that beeps when there is a possibility of RF interference.

OR if the battery is knackered in the panel and there is a slight powercut, that can set them off too

Get the instalation manual as most alarms have a log that tells you
the last 10 alarms and the zone that caused the alarm.If you havn"t
got the manual you can download it.It could be the tamper circuit
Check that all the covers on the pir"s and the keypads and main box are not
loose.

and the tamper switch/es on the external sounder.

I would hazard a guess it’s the tamper circuit. The last one of these I had was on the outside bell box.

[FONT=&quot]Ian [/FONT]

tamper fault,could be the bell or a corroded contact,loose lid on a pir,cable fault needs the meter out and take some readings at the panel

count the no. of cells in the bell battery. x 1.2 to get the voltage.

difficult to say. the bell battery is there to souynd the bell if the supply to it is interrupted. systems generally will work happily wiythout it. however, if it's duff, it could draw excess current from the panel.

what you have to do is dis. the tamper circiut/s from the panel terminals and meter them for continuity.

so you think its a tamper fault?
its only wired in 2 pair cable so there is no tamper on the pirs. So you think its the keypad or bell tamper?

Reply to alarm going off in middle of night? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Can someone please guide me on this? I have virtually no experience of home alarm systems. The client has an alarm which had been fitted to her...
Replies
Views
The big stately home I’ve been working in has an EMS 5096 alarm system with over 100 detectors and 3 (that I know of) panels. All detectors are...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am going to be putting a burglar alarm on a new external building. Specifically, I am searching for a quality WIFI connected internal...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Requesting your help please! I know this is an old system but has been working amazingly for 7 years! I had an engineer out who done a...
Replies
Views
Hi, My alarm system is a Texecom control unit (Premier 64-w) + Keypad + Sounder, and is using the wired zones 1-4 only, with no additional...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock