Discuss Alarm Panel Fault in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sh29489

DIY
Reaction score
Hi All

Wondering if someone can help. I've recently been receiving a fault with my Accenta G4 alarm Panel. All was previously working with it until one day its froze, so powered it down and back up and it's been stuck at "Accenta G4 RKP F131-01-111" on the screen and I am unable to do anything with it.

Seems to be an issue after looking online, so thought I'd buy the same panel and replace, but this hasn't worked.

All fused look OK, and I have replaced the cable to check its not that, and I have also disconnected everything from the box so it's just the panel, with not lock.

Tried calling the manufacturer, but they wont help as it's a domestic install and I'm not a business.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

It sounds like it is just displaying the model number of the keypad, have you tried changing the keypad or just the panel? And when you say you replaced the panel dl you mean the main brain with the battery etc?

It sounds like it is just displaying the model number of the keypad, have you tried changing the keypad or just the panel? And when you say you replaced the panel dl you mean the main brain with the battery etc?
Apologies, by panel I meant the keypad, replaced with a brand new one and it's still coming up with the same message.

Apologies, by panel I meant the keypad, replaced with a brand new one and it's still coming up with the same message.
It could be that you have a fault with the main panel. You could try a factory reset by opening the main panel and shorting it the nvm pins, however as you cannot enter the engineer code it will more than likely go off due to the tamper. Shoud the factory reset work then just re-program

It could be that you have a fault with the main panel. You could try a factory reset by opening the main panel and shorting it the nvm pins, however as you cannot enter the engineer code it will more than likely go off due to the tamper. Shoud the factory reset work then just re-program
Thank you, I'll give that a try and see what happens!
[automerge]1574202431[/automerge]
Sadly the factory reset hasn't worked, so I'll look to get a replacement main unit.

Thanks for the assistance!

Last edited:
I might be too late here, but before paying for a whole new pannel, it would be worth checking the cabling between the main panel and the keypad. It could be that one or two of the cores carrying data have become disconnected, but the power is still coming through.

I might be too late here, but before paying for a whole new pannel, it would be worth checking the cabling between the main panel and the keypad. It could be that one or two of the cores carrying data have become disconnected, but the power is still coming through.
I think he said he replaced the cable

The display of the software and build state indicates perhaps that correct communication is taking place between the Alarm panel and the keypad - the panel though is stuck in the Engineer Mode.

Another thing to try is to turn off the mains input and then disconnect the 12V battery - wait 30 seconds, and then reconnect the battery and then the mains.
If this has not worked now try another full reset.

What is the voltage connected and disconnected of the 12V battery? The panel does not work reliably if the battery is old and on its last legs.

Is this how you did a full reset?:

Defaulting Panel to Factory Settings CAUTION: All configurations of the panel are reset to factory default conditions. To default to factory settings: 1. Power down panel. 2. Remove wiring from SET output and PA input. 3. Fit shorting wire between SET and left-hand PA terminal. 4. Power up. 5. Wait for alarm to start. 6. Power down panel and then restore original wiring.

I would also try connecting the rkp via a short length of cable to the panel to see if there is some interference/pick-up/crosstalk happening along the length of cable between panel and rkp.

Reply to Alarm Panel Fault in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net