Discuss Alarm panel recommendation For garage (not wireless) in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Brendan976

Hi
I now need to change my garage alarm panel Melcom st6100 as it is proving unreliable and it's only been in 3 years. I have dualtec pir,s and hard wired door and window contacts. Anyone know of a reliable panel to install given the cold weather that a garage is subjected to. My good old Minerva panel in the house which was installed in 1997 is still going strong but is now obsolete so I can't get another one.

Ben"

I would personally go with one of the baby Scantronic panels. They are cheap Simple, and last. I have sites with 15+ year old Scantronic's still going perfectly.

Reply to Alarm panel recommendation For garage (not wireless) in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me. I’ve just installed a texecom Veritas alarm in my garage at home and can’t seem to get rid of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I currently have a Pyronix Enforcer V10 Wireless alarm system. I have some shock/contacts on windows, doors, PIRs, and an external siren...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m a relatively new spark and have avoided installing wired security alarms instead opting for wireless systems for customers. I have a...
Replies
Views
Hi. My mother bought a miguard g5 system a few years ago. It looks like the control panel has given up on her! She has all the sensors around her...
Replies
Views
I thought I would take a few minutes to give my recent experience in wiring a large garage for power and an alarm circuit. This relates to clipped...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock