Discuss Alarm problem!! Veritas 8 tried everything please help!!!!!!!!! in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

whits1

Hey all, I've installed an alarm at home, 3 pirs, 2 door contacts, a remote keypad and a bell box to a veritas 8 main panel, set it all up and it seems to work fine, there are no faults coming up all wiring has been checked several times and all options checked checked and checked again but still everytime I walk in the door when set the alarm goes off instantly with no time delay to put the code in!!!!!!! As you can imagine when I've been out for a few drinks to return home at midnight the neighbours won't be too happy hearing that thing going off!
Does anyone have any suggestions or similar problem????
Thanks
Daniel

need more info. is the entry door fitted with a contact? if so this zone needs programming as entry/exit. is there a PIR between the door and the keypad? if so, this zone needs to be either entry/exit or access.give me more info on the layout and i can help.

I set the door contact to entry/exit but it's still the same, the keypad is next to the front door and it's usually the door contact that picks you up 1st followed by the hallway sensor, does this help??

the panel will tel you which zone has gone into alarm, if it's the door, set the entry time. if it's the PIR, programme it either on entry inhibite od entry exit. if the pir is the first detector wnen you come down in the morning, it needs to be either entry/exit or programmed differently for full set and part set.

Reply to Alarm problem!! Veritas 8 tried everything please help!!!!!!!!! in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock