Discuss alarm system with key in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

jay b

-
Reaction score
Hi guys
Can anyone help, I have to quote on fitting a alarm system, no prob but the old boy does not want any of this new keypad stuff he just wants a good old fashioned key to turn it on and off. Lol. I have searched and cannot find any company that do them anymore, I know industrial used them more but still joy. Does any one know where I can get a alarm system that is key operated? Thanks

see if you can persuade him to have a key fob.

Tried that teletrix but he wants wired only and the only one I can find is a response system with proximity fob? Which I'm thinking if your In proximity it turns alarm off and he wants it on when he is in the house for protection ? Unless you know of a wired system with BIG button key fob ???!! Thanks

No, there are various panels where you can use a prox tag to set, part set and unset - fob has to be held against the reader/rkp. Scantronic now do a large key fob for their Ion range.

Regards.

Prox fob is the main way these days with the dda ruling....but if he insists on keyswitch most modern panels like Texecom, will allow a zone to be programmed as an arm/diss arm set, using a keyswitch

Thanks polo1 and taz I will have alook into them, did go on texecom site but they didn't show anything key wise, I will try find a local dealer thanks

You use a key switch like this and wire it to a panel with a keypad

To give a better understanding

From Texecom R8 manual
Keyswitch Zone Type
This Zone Type is designed specifically for key switches.
Zones with this Zone Type are monitored constantly. The
key switch can be used to full set, unset, silence an alarm
and reset the system.
Note Ensure that there are no 24 Hour zones (Fire, PA and
Tamper) in fault when using a key switch to reset the
system.
A Keyswitch zone as follows:
Activating the zone i.e. closed to open will cause the
system to set and clearing the zone again i.e. open
to closed will cause the system to unset.
PA codes, Duress codes and Keypad PA are entered
from a keypad and therefore cannot be reset by a
key switch but only by entry of a valid User code.

This should solve your problem but it does turn an 8 zone panel into a 7 zone panel as one zone is lost to the set / unset keyswitch

Reply to alarm system with key in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock