Discuss Alarm System in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

spark-doctor

I have got to fit a alarm system to my house but i am not very knowledgeable about the things.

1) It has to be monitored with voice detection
2) 3 doors
3) 16 windows
4) 4 motion sensors

I know i could google this but was wondering if anyone can give any recommendations before i start looking.

Many Thanks

The most important part of a good alarm system is the INSTALL. For that reason i would tend to "hard wire" unless thats impossible. Then i would buy the best PIR's etc i can get in the budget. good thought out placement of "panics etc" Last one we did we had the panics wired up to "something else" so they where more "secret" Just in case . Also i would strongly recommend a Tel dialing unit. These are excellent

Interesting you say that (not a huge amount of experience in alarms) I have noticed the quality of wireless systems has hugely improved the last few years, do you not agree?

I remember fitting one four or five years ago in a small remote village and basically had no end of problems with it:eek:

pyronics all the way for wireless,great and reasonably cheap.dont forget though if its monitored by central station that it will have to be grade 2 or 3 and have confirmation etc

Reply to Alarm System in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock