Discuss Alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Customer bought an alarm system from toolstation and asked me to fit while wiring their garage/workshop. All fitted up etc but getting odd faults:

Low battery although tested and fine?
Zone 7 although only two pir's?

Bell box won't ring or sound?

Am I missing something or wiring incorrectly? Ever had any of these problems before.

Thanks!!

OK. is it a eurosec, by chance. if so, zone 7 is pre-programmed as panic. you can't delete it as not used. either re-program the zone 7 as 12 hour, then delete, or fit a link in the panel. low batt. could mean a blown fuse.

the gardtech panels have a mind of their own but once you're used to them, they're about the best value for the price. i love 'em. where else will you buy a full LCD keypad system for a similar price to a veritas or an accenta?

pm me if you need any more info. don't want too much detail on open forum.

Reply to Alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Can someone please guide me on this? I have virtually no experience of home alarm systems. The client has an alarm which had been fitted to her...
Replies
Views
Hi I’ve recently installed a texecom veritus excel alarm system but having an issue with the sounder not going off when triggered by the pir I’ve...
Replies
Views
Hi. Not sure if it's the right place to ask, so won't be upset if it gets removed. Apologies if the terminology (PEN/PME/etc) is used...
Replies
Views
Hello, I would like to upgrade our existing, wired, burglar alarm system for smart alarm system. We don't use it as the cat keeps setting it off...
Replies
Views
Having a bit of a mare at the moment with a small 2 story HMO (6 single rooms with shared kitchen) which was fitted relatively recently (2016 or...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock