Discuss Alarm systems types in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

brucey2343

Trainee Access
Hi all,

My boss has told me to set the system type of 2 smokes and a heat alarm as LD3+. Can anyone send me a link or reply with a description of what each grade of fire alarm system is? I always thought LD2 was smoke hall, smoke landing and heat alarm in kitchen, and LD3 was as above without the heat alarm

Cheers!

westward10

In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream.
Staff member
You have Grades of systems which refers to the detection type and this is combined with Category of system which is the level of protection.

jamesjl

EF Member
Not wishing to hijack thread, but I can't figure out how to start a new one.

Can anyone tell me - is there a difference between an L1 fire alarm system and an L1 smoke alarm system?

anthonybragg

Electrician's Arms
I was talking to Aico a few weeks ago and I was telling them that when I worked for a house bashing contractor a few years ago the building regs only used to ask for smoke detectors in the escape routes ( LD3?)but the B.S of which the certificate is based upon require LD2 escape routes, kitchen (heat) and principle habitable rooms.

westward10

In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream.
Staff member
LD3 only covers circulation spaces/escape routes in a dwelling this would typically be hall, stairs and landing. LD2 is the same but includes specified rooms and areas deemed to be of a high fire risk.

anthonybragg

Electrician's Arms
LD3 only covers circulation spaces/escape routes in a dwelling this would typically be hall, stairs and landing. LD2 is the same but includes specified rooms and areas deemed to be of a high fire risk.
Thanks, my memory was correct. I was trying to make the point that the building regs have still not caught up with the B.Standard.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.