Discuss Alarm systems types in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

brucey2343

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Hi all,

My boss has told me to set the system type of 2 smokes and a heat alarm as LD3+. Can anyone send me a link or reply with a description of what each grade of fire alarm system is? I always thought LD2 was smoke hall, smoke landing and heat alarm in kitchen, and LD3 was as above without the heat alarm

Cheers!

Ask your boss for his copy of BS5839:6. Should have all the info in there. No such thing as a LD3+ system.

You have Grades of systems which refers to the detection type and this is combined with Category of system which is the level of protection.

Not wishing to hijack thread, but I can't figure out how to start a new one.

Can anyone tell me - is there a difference between an L1 fire alarm system and an L1 smoke alarm system?

There is an orange box on the home page stating post thread.

I was talking to Aico a few weeks ago and I was telling them that when I worked for a house bashing contractor a few years ago the building regs only used to ask for smoke detectors in the escape routes ( LD3?)but the B.S of which the certificate is based upon require LD2 escape routes, kitchen (heat) and principle habitable rooms.

LD3 only covers circulation spaces/escape routes in a dwelling this would typically be hall, stairs and landing. LD2 is the same but includes specified rooms and areas deemed to be of a high fire risk.

LD3 only covers circulation spaces/escape routes in a dwelling this would typically be hall, stairs and landing. LD2 is the same but includes specified rooms and areas deemed to be of a high fire risk.
Thanks, my memory was correct. I was trying to make the point that the building regs have still not caught up with the B.Standard.

Reply to Alarm systems types in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock