Discuss Alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Lordy9099

Hello,

I am just about to fit my new alarm and just one little thing is bugging me. The tamper circuit. Firstly I am having 2 Door Contacts, 3 PIR's 1 Keypad and 1 Live Bell box. Now I know about the Bell Box and Keypad tamper but I am not sure about the PIR and contact? I will be running each PIR on it's own zone and the door contacts on zone one. Now then this is a Accenta G4 and I was planning to run one cable per sensor or contact. So firstly when I run my first cable to the front door and I wrap both tamper cables across one of the brass contacts. When it come's back to the panel and I run the other cable over to the back door and the cable again runs to the panel to I connect one white and green cables from each circuit. But my main problem that I am wondering is do I connect the tamper cables from both the contacts and the sensors together or double up into the taper circuit. And how do I connect both door contacts to the same zone?

You need to run tamper and zone circuits in series, so if both cables run back to the panel then if tamper circuit is white & green. join both greens and terminate, the both whites are conected to the tamper circuit...the same wiring for the zone

Is that even if the sensors are on their own zones do the zone circuits and tampers connect together. And do the tamper from the contacts connect to the sensor tampers?

Thanks

All wiring is in series, so pirs and door contacts are all wired the same, hope this helps.
Alarm pirs - EletriciansForums.net

Thanks that is how I planned on wiring the contacts but are the sensors the same even if I run one sensor per zone and do the tamper from both contacts and sensors also connect together or are they separate and double up in the panel tamper circuit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just use 5 amp connector block in panel for tamper network. Green in, white out, green in, white out on each connector, seems to be the best way for me.

Just use 5 amp connector block in panel for tamper network. Green in, white out, green in, white out on each connector, seems to be the best way for me.
But is this for everything. For example should there only be two cables to tamper and not doubling up?

Is there any point in having the PIRs on a tamper? By the time someone has messed with them they should have picked up their presence and sounded the alarm

Is there any point in having the PIRs on a tamper? By the time someone has messed with them they should have picked up their presence and sounded the alarm
If you are running your cables along the wall then it could be easy to just cut the cable before you are in sight of the PIR and then the PIR will become inactive. With a tamper circuit if the cable is cut then the alarm will activate

But is this for everything. For example should there only be two cables to tamper and not doubling up?

If this is an Accenta G4, then there will be separate tamper for bell box and RKP.

The TA is tamper terminals for zones (PIR sensors and door contacts) and any internal sounder. And yes, only two wires into TAMP terminals - one from each end of connector block. You should not do any doubling up in TAMP terminals as this means you would not have a global tamper network for all zones together, all sensors should be wired in series so they are all on the one tamper loop.

If this is an Accenta G4, then there will be separate tamper for bell box and RKP.

The TA is tamper terminals for zones (PIR sensors and door contacts) and any internal sounder. And yes, only two wires into TAMP terminals - one from each end of connector block. You should not do any doubling up in TAMP terminals as this means you would not have a global tamper network for all zones together, all sensors should be wired in series so they are all on the one tamper loop.

The TA terminals are for the external siren, the TAMP terminals are for the global zone circuits

I am going to wire the tamper for the PIR's and the door contacts in series but do I have to join the tamper from both the contacts and PIR's together.

yes you get all the tamper loops from all the zones and series them up, so that you end up with 1 wire from circuit 1 and 1 wire from circuit 6 ( or however many zones there are), and these 2 go in the panel global tamper)

Does this look about right?
Alarm {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

spot on, mate. have to admit. i don't use a choc block. i twist, fold over and sleeve. some say that's bad practice, but i have systems installed from 20 years ago with no problem.

OK time to get sensible here why run a tamper cos this is a 24 hour monitor where it is a full alarm when the pane is set and a local alarm when unset.

Now you need to run a cable to each pir from the control pane ie a 6-core where red and black is the power yellow and blue is the zone and green and white is the tamer . Now pir wise all the red and blacks go into +12v -12v connection each yellow and blue go into the zone circuit.

Now make it simple for yourself run a 6 core to the door contacts but use yellow and blue for the circuit and green and white for the tamper

Now if you give each device ie door contact and pir their own zone and you can as you have a 8 zone panel after you do the power you have a stack of green and white cable with one tamper circuit so you need to series these up or daisy chain them so the white of the first tamper pair goes to one of the tamper connections then the green of the first tamper pair connects to the white of the 2nd tamper pair and so on until you are left with the green of the last tamper pair this goes into the other tamper circuit connection on the panel BUT before you do this measure the resistance of the full loop and make sure you have continuity.

PS people think a tamper circuit is stupid but a few customers of mine would disagree as they get a cable cut by the joiner laying a new laminated floor and they only find out when they try to set the alarm there is a problem

spot on, mate. have to admit. i don't use a choc block. i twist, fold over and sleeve. some say that's bad practice, but i have systems installed from 20 years ago with no problem.

I was planning to twist and solder them together and heat shrink them. Is that possible?

Reply to Alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock