Discuss alarms , hard wired vs wireless in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

What you want to do is fit an hybrid alarm system like the scantronic ion 50exd as you can hard wire and use wireless so if you do the full job and complete all the circuits then you can just simply add on extra radio detectors if you buy a radio expander as well and address the radio devices to the expander

So it has limited jamming capibility, and therefore can be jammed

Personally I would stick to wired systems over wireless. My personal choice would be the Honeywell Galaxy dimension range above all.

However wireless systems have come a very long way, and if i was asked to install wireless system or a wireless system would be beneficial due to cabling issues, Like many people have already stated it would be the Scantronic I-on range hands down!
Scantronic have been producing radio accessories such as panic buttons and signalling kit on top of radio panels for a very long time, (and are pretty dam good at it) Also being a scantronic they are easy to use, simple to set up/commission and they just seem to last forever.

Regardless what wireless system you go for in then end, just ensure you replace the batteries when the manufacture recommends.

yeea mate I've got a DONK......."haha haha what the fek is a Donk?? HAHA".....(clatter) that .....isa...Donk hahaha haha lol :)

Hybrid ion system is grade 3 or grade 2 you can choose in the programming

Only for the wired parts of the system. Wireless still falls outside the scope of grading as of PD6662:2010. and BS8243. You can grade the system as 2 or 3 so long as the majority of the system is compliant with that grade. Just waiting for the insurance companies to start the "but they broke in via a point covered only by wire free, ergo, not graded, ergo, claim fail" racket....

My money is on Texecom Premier Elite however, as a better system all round - and Ricochet is reliable for the most part if wireless is a must. COMIP connected to customer broadband (port opened in router) make for very easy fault diagnosis and remote reset from a laptop where needed.

Kit is far more competent, more programmable, more adaptable, and more flexible than iON too, I think.

Wired for me there's too many wireless devices that can affect a wireless alarm

Reply to alarms , hard wired vs wireless in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock