Discuss alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rwb

Hi people,

Been working a a garage conversion which had door contact on front door customer has asked if this could be removed and replaced with a PIR movement sensor, I guess this should be do-able but not being to familiar with alarm system thought I best ask. I am afraid I am not sure what make the alarm is, the door contact has 4 conductor suppling it if that helps any.

Many thanks
Rich

You can do it, but you woulld have to inform customer that there would be no tamper circuit to that sensor due to only 4 core cable, and use a dual tech sensor for garage area.you would also have to rewire dualtech in panel for the power 12v&0v. i wouldnt recomend doing this if the alarm cable is run externally but most alarm cables are internally installed.

Depending on what make the panel is you may be able to double pole end of line the pir which would mean you can tper it on a 4 core cable. You would need to also change the arming to timed set not final exit

It would be better to install a new circuit and leave the door as the final exit. If the system is changed to timed exit then the activation of the new PIR on entry would only start the entry timer thus allowing a number of seconds before the entry time expires and activates the alarm if a break in happened

Reply to alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Daughter has bought a house and it has a home security system, G-Tag setup. Issue is the alarm panel displays are pixelated and you cant see...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m a relatively new spark and have avoided installing wired security alarms instead opting for wireless systems for customers. I have a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need a bit of advice. My client is asking for a rather silly lighting setup in his bathroom and I am struggling to understand...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a wired alarm system with a Securitech Active 5 control panel and Lynteck Vortex bellbox. It has worked fine for many years until...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock