Discuss Alarms in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Paul_Rawlinson

If anyone is registered with SSAIB or NSI for installing Intruder Alarm, Fire Alarms, CCTV??
Do you get much work though being registered with them?? Insurance companies/police/fire are supposed to use these organisations to find approved contrctors, just wondering how much you get and wether its worth becoming a member or not?

Thanks Paul

funny enough yes,

this type of work is not the money spinner it would appear to be, labour intensive, (anti social hrs & don't get me started on the staff) ever changing standards must have spent a couple of grand or more on worthless bits of paper, its costs in the region of 100 notes a person to screen to 7858, liability insurance for a small firm is getting onto 3k (7-8 a elec contractor of same size), fee's to inspectorate of the same region, installs are effectively subsidised by the recuing revenue of pmv contracts, the subscribers mostley hate you because you charge for your services !

we've be going 20 yr's the company grow every yr, however the grief seems to grow faster ;)

Reply to Alarms in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am looking to sell my business as i am moving away from the industry. Company established in 2018, turnover of £110,000. I carry out all types...
Replies
Views
Hello. Wondering if someone could give me some advice on my Veritas alarm. I recently had an extended power cut, when the power was...
Replies
Views
We are looking at getting a professionally installed alarm to keep insurer's happier, and that will need a power feed which (miraculously) we had...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock