Discuss All-in-one home theater PC (HTPC)? in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jonny100

Hi lads,
I am planning to buy a HTPC for my living room, been looking around but not sure what to buy so I went and look for which is the latest processor and I saw AMD released it APU last month called Trinity A10. Found one machine that has it called ARCTIC MC101 A10, looking great and about to get it. Does anyone has a HTPC at home and can give some advices? :smile:

Here's the link to the device that I wanted to get:

MC101 (A10) · Entertainment Center · Living · ARCTIC

thanks,

I built my own, using a HP pro server, and I put in 10tb. Currently runs XBMC with lots of trimmings. But also acts as a server for all the other rooms in the house. Have integrated sab, sick and with navix and psuedo tv its great works as a tvio and as live tv, got a rom browser too for all those old games - very happy with it and considering you can get a proliant for £110 its mental cheap and runs well. I have a revo in a few other rooms. The new android boxes look great and for £40 can't fault it and just the size of a smoke box.

Reply to All-in-one home theater PC (HTPC)? in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hi gents Just joined and this is my first post. I’ve decided to upgrade my home garage compressed air setup since my current 3hp 50ltr 8cfm...
Replies
Views
Thought this might be of interest and use to anyone looking to undertake the various short training courses. So here is my recent experience -...
Replies
Views
M
My name is Maciej Marosz I'm Inentor and Engineer (Poland 34 yo ) I'm looking contacts with people who are able test and prepare to production...
Replies
Views
Geordie Spark
G
This is a genuine complaint to Devon & Cornwall Police Force from an angry member of the public A true email sent to the force, lengthy but...
Replies
Views
Adam W
A

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock