Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss All three neutral wires needed for a smart single gang light switch? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all,

I'm wiring one of those smart switches which is a single gang and I have three live wires (x2 com) (x1 L1) and three neutral wires that are currently in a block. The original switch just use live (com and L1).

I've wired up the new switch with the live wires but I am trying to attach the neutral wires. Do all three need to connect to the switch or could I get away with one being attached and the other two in the block?

Thanks in advance!

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
if you cant fit all neutrals into the terminal then join them together in a choc block and do a jumper from the choc block to the terminal. the main thing is that all neutrals are connected together

Matthewd29

-
Arms
Esteemed
No you cannot separate them. If stuck connect them together in a 4 port wago and take a neutral from it and into the switch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fantastic, thanks for the advice. Used a jumper cable and it works like a charm!

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to All three neutral wires needed for a smart single gang light switch? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom